Technically, Summer doesn’t officially end until September 22. But who pays attention to the official dates, anyway (ME!). Even though we have over a month left, with the kids going back to school and Keith’s 2nd year as a professor looming near, it sure does feel like something great is ending. I’m reminiscing on the best days of summer with the 2 piece striped outfit from Zaful and some of the best ‘golden hour’ sunlight I’ve seen all year. And I’ve come up with a bucket list of sorts for 5 Things to Do Before the End of Summer.
Gosh. Those Tan Lines. That Sunburn. That Wind Blown Hair. TAKE. ME. BACK.
I’m loving this 2 piece set. The pants have those cool slits in the front which make it perfect for strutting down the street and showing a little leg. There are built in shorts, so no worries of flashing people. I also think you can totally wear this into early fall because the color is so great! I’ve split the outfit up too and worn the pants with a white tank and the top with high waisted jean shorts! So much fun! Plus it’s only $26. So grab it for next year for sure. I’m wearing a medium for reference.
Shop The Look:
5 Things to Do Before the End of Summer
- Eat an Ice Cold Watermelon. I’ve already done this several times this summer, but you can never eat too many watermelons. If you keep your watermelons at room temp to eat them, though, you’re really missing out! Stick that whole watermelon in the refrigerator for at least 12 or so hours and then eat it. There is seriously nothing more refreshing than Cold Watermelon. (PS: My dogs are OBSESSED with watermelon! Try giving it to your pups!)
- Go on a weekend Getaway. Keith and I said we were going to do this (just the two of us) and still haven’t. I’m still holding out hope. Nothing says summer like exploring a new place (even if it’s just an hour or so away from home) with your best friend! My dream is to do a weekend getaway with the dogs and only do dog friendly things for a whole weekend. Keith says then I couldn’t go shopping, though… Sacrifices! A couple places on my list: Asheville-NC (Biltmore – haven’t been in years), Las Vegas, Chicago, Oxford-MS (It looks so quaint), & Nashville. Some close. Some far! All super exciting.
- Go out for Breakfast. Can you believe that Keith and I have had a pretty easy going summer schedule and have been at home the whole time and never went out for breakfast together. For most people, even if you work a normal 9-5, summer is just a but more lax than the rest of the year. Call in to work and say you’ll be in late one morning and take the fam out to breakfast. I remember it being such a fun bonding moment when my family would do this during the summer. Or wake the kids up a little earlier and head out before school. Soon, It’ll be to cold to do anything before 9am!
- Get some tan lines. Lather on that SPF (I put on so much SPF the day I burnt at the beach – see above evidence) and hit your local lake, pool, or even just the water hose outside! Since we don’t know anyone with a pool around our town, we bought a $20 8′ round kiddie pool and totally made our own backyard oasis several times this summer. It’s totally not too late and the pool stuff will be on major sale soon.
- Read a good book. Am I the only one who misses summer reading lists from school? I was also probably one of the only ones who actually did it! I LOVE to read but in recent years, I’ve found less and less time to actually enjoy it. College really messed me up because I had to read so much for school and that made reading for fun not so fun anymore. This summer though, I’ve been rereading a favorite of mine, The Sword Of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Any other sci-fi/fantasy nerds out there will also enjoy this one! It’s kind of like an adult Harry Potter! Whatever your genre of choice, pick up a book and start to read. Take 15 minutes before bed every night (reading lulls me to sleep too – plus I have really cool dreams) and just read! You have a month. That’s plenty for at least 1 book (or 5, if you’re like me)!
Don’t waste this last month of summer. Do something fun while school is just starting and before the hustle and bustle of the Holiday’s starts to hit. The month of October is always super busy for me so I’m planning to enjoy every minute of these last summer days.
Fun fact: I set a summer goal this year. It was a silly goal and I still haven’t done it. Wanna know what it was? HAH! It was to use the term ‘sidebar’ in an actual conversation when I wanted to converse with someone one on one for a moment. I’ve been watching too many legal shows, really! And I’m still looking for an opportunity to use it in real life…. I’ve still got a month.